Roof Inspections in Raleigh, NC
A residential roofing inspection is a visual evaluation of a home’s roofing system by a qualified roofing inspector. It can tell you if your roof is in good shape or help you plan for repairs. The inspection of your Raleigh home’s roofing system includes shingles, gutters, flashing, downspouts, and other components. Thurston Roof is a licensed and insured roofing contractor serving Raleigh, Durham, Clayton, Smithfield, and surrounding areas. We provide expert, trustworthy inspections.
Why Is a Roof Inspection Necessary?
A roof inspection is necessary to identify potential issues that can worsen and lead to costly repairs or replacement. Exposure to elements that can cause roof wear and tear include:
Snow and ice
What Are the Benefits of a Roof Inspection?
Five benefits of a roof inspection for your Raleigh home include the following:
- Identify potential problems. Roof inspections are preventive care for your home’s roof. Early detection of potential problems can prevent costly repairs in the future.
- Improve energy efficiency. A properly sealed and insulated roof helps improve energy efficiency and can reduce utility bills.
- Help maintain the roof. Your roof inspector will examine the roof and your home’s surroundings (e.g., trees on the property that may shed leaves or pine straw on shingles) to anticipate maintenance needs and establish a schedule.
- Reduce the risk of interior damage. A leaky roof can cause internal damage to your home, including ceiling or wall stains, mold, and attic damage.
- Increase curb appeal. A well-maintained roof affects the appearance of a house, increasing its curb appeal and value.
A roof inspection is an essential part of home maintenance, helping you identify which aspects of a roof require repair or replacement, such as missing or damaged shingles. Following through with needed roof repairs or replacement protects your home inside and outside. North Carolina State University includes roof inspection and maintenance on its Preventive Home Maintenance Check-Up list.
How Often Do You Need a Roof Inspection?
You need a residential roof inspection twice yearly. Scheduled inspections can save you time and money in the long term. The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends biannual roof inspections because most homeowners discover roofing problems after seeing the damage on the home’s exterior, ceilings, or walls.
Call Thurston Roof for an Inspection
If you have not scheduled a residential roof inspection in years, now is the time to call Thurston Roof for an appointment. We can identify potential problems and help you save the costs of repairing or replacing interior or exterior damage to your home. We serve Raleigh, Durham, Clayton, Smithfield, and surrounding areas. Call us today at 1-919-749-4411.